Wednesday, July 27, 2016

DYeing ... ya know ...

I've rediscovered my love of fiber arts. I"m knitting and crocheting like a fool. I can't help it. My hands have to be doing something. I love making stuff and want to be doing it all the time. As I sit here writing this post, I really just want to go knit. I also want to share my projects with others.

I've been pretty obsessed with dyeing things lately. It started with yarn and slowly grew into other wearables. I did some t-shirts a couple aprons and a bandanna. Its pretty addicting. Its a slow process but the results are usually totally worth it. Here are just a few that I have pictures on my computer already to show you.

First natural dye ... Turmeric. Turned out pretty.

Next I dyed a bunch of natural worsted wool. Tried to speckle the yarn with acid dyes.




 Here is a bandanna. I used Lime and Turquoise.


Lastly here is some cotton I did with the speckle technique. I had just a bit of leftover dye, so needed to use it up, I think it turned out really nice.



Anyway just wanted to share some of my latest projects. I have to get off here and go get my hands on some yarn!






No comments: